Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Jekyll Island GA - Jekyll Island Club's legacy of deceit

     The real story of The Jekyll Island Club (the third of four owners of this island) is the story of how foreign influence managed to wrest control of the United States dollar away from the US government.  The Rothschilds, the European family that has made its fortunes financing wars and then sucking up the resulting distressed property, were the engineers of this coup, all done in direct violation of our constitution.  They managed to sneak a representative into the United States in such a position that he was able to be the architect of this change that has allowed the blatant pilfering of our wealth for over 100 years, and it all happened here in a super secret meeting in 1910.  More on that in a bit - we will first track the ownership of Jekyll Island itself.  At 4 total owners, it isn't very complicated.

     The first owner, William Horton, was one of the original settlers that came from England with James Oglethorpe and helped establish Fort Frederica on neighboring St. Simon's Island in 1735.  Horton was given a land grant, and chose to cultivate neighboring Jekyll Island.  He, like Oglethorpe was deathly opposed to slavery and developed his plantation without it. 

     He built a house here in 1736, which was burned by the Spanish in 1742.  He then built the house whose ruins are shown in the above photograph.  After Oglethorpe returned to England for good, Horton became the governor of Georgia.

     In 1791 Poulain de Bignon, a Frenchman, bought the island with three partners and became the second owner.  Shortly thereafter he bought out the partners and his descendants maintained ownership until they sold the island to a group of millionaires in 1886.

     The Poulon's were not opposed to slavery, and they raised the highly profitable Sea Island Cotton here.  One interesting documented here is the slave ship "The Wanderer's" travails.  Congress banned the import of slaves in 1808, and made it an offense punishable by death in 1820.  However, The Wanderer landed here in 1858 with a load of 407 Africans that had survived the voyage.  Where those folks ended up has been pretty much tracked and accounted for - a rarity in the slave days.  

     Here is an old article that has some humor.  

     It seems a slave named Tom, who had big whiskers, stole a fishing boat and disappeared.  This was AFTER he had been pronounced dead and buried in 1804.  Somewhere along the way the coroner was made to refund his fee - it would be interesting to know the rest of this story.

     So, in 1886 John Dubignon was able to buy up the few parcels of land on Jekyll that his family did not own, and with the help of one Newton Finney, was able to sell the island to a group of men from the exclusive Union Club in New York.  It was originally intended to be a hunt club, but evolved into much more than that.

     The Jekyll Island club was formed, shares were sold, and the above pictured club-house was completed in 1888 overlooking the river on the inland side of the island.  Here is the original architect's rendering.

     A few additions were added along the way, making it the complex you see below.

     The world's wealthiest joined.  Men like Morgan, Rockwell, Pulitzer, Goodyear, Vanderbilt and many others joined up.  At one point the club membership bragged that they controlled 18% of the entire World's wealth.

     Above is a map of the compound in modern day - all manner of houses sprung up around the clubhouse as time passed.

     Today, where the pier was, there is a restaurant with a raw bar on the dock that leads out to the boat slips.

     So these guys built what they called their winter "cottages," vying for proximity to the clubhouse and view of the river.  This was the Rockefeller's "cottage."

     This is supposedly the nation's first condominium.  A fellow named Hyde, owner of an insurance company and known as the "Czar of Jekyll," built this six unit building beside the clubhouse.  Early residents along with him were Rockefeller, Morgan, a fellow who owned a large telegraph company, an oil baron and  Cotton Oil manufacturer.

     Here are  a few more of the "cottages."

     This one was owned by the original Goodyear.  He started out as a clerk and made a fortune, but worked himself to death in his forties.  He was only able to enjoy his "cottage" for one year.  His descendants used it after that.

      This next one was owned by a fellow in the plumbing business.  It had seventeen bathrooms, all with indoor plumbing.

     This next one was built in 1904 by the fellow who was the personal physician to a couple of presidents.

     It is obvious that much has been done to renovate these houses - here are a couple that are awaiting renovation.

     One of the fellows who lived here was the owner of the modern day AT&T.  He hurt his leg while visiting here in 1915, and didn't want to miss the first trans-continental telephone call.  So he had men string a cable out here from Brunswick - some ten miles distant by water.  Here was what the phones looked like back in that day.

     And here is the photograph of the first trans-continental phone call.  The fellow on the left looks like someone out of "The Godfather."

     So, in 1910 there was a meeting here organized by a guy named Senator Aldrich.  He had made his wealth on insider trading deals - after all he was headed the Senate Finance Committee for many years.  His daughter married Rockefeller's son, and he found himself in the position of "Chairman of the National Monetary Commission."  In 1907 there had been a money scare - many say it was contrived, that led to discussions about changing the United States handling of its money, and thus to this top secret meeting of bankers.

    So, Aldrich, presumably acting in his own interest and closely tied to Rockefeller, brings in Warburg, who is pretending to be part of a Wall Street firm but is really the Rothschild's boy.  Also attending is Henry Davison, who is Morgan's front man.  A few Wall Street bank presidents named Strong, Vanderlip and Norton plus a fellow named Abraham Andrew, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury were in the mix, bringing the total to 7 guys.

     They had two problems.  First, the constitution said that congress was to have control of the money.  They had to get congress out of the loop - wresting control of the money supply away from the United States Government was paramount.  Second, when they created this private central bank they had to make people think it was a government bank.  A strategy had to be developed where they could convince people that they were creating a government institution when in reality the government had no control over it.  So they closed Jekyll Island for two weeks and rode down on a train from New York with all the curtains drawn.  They even brought in outside servants who would not know who they were.  Everyone was forbidden from mentioning last names so that the servants could not recount anything later.  

     Rothschild's boy Warburg ran the show, with Aldrich trying to grand-stand.  According to later accounts, the others were basically just along for the ride.  They had to concoct the scheme, and then buffalo, bribe, BS,  - do whatever they could to get the scheme passed into law.  And they managed to do just that in 1913. Then they had to keep the meeting itself super secret.  They accomplished that also.  

    In 1913 the United States gave up ownership of its money supply to the private banking cartel these guys represented, and to this day we are not able to know who the owners or the decision makers of this bank are.  Then president Woodrow Wilson later expressed his dismay at being fooled into going along with it - and although there is argument about his exact words he was quite clear that control of the United States had been consolidated into the hands of a few devious men.  This marked the beginning of the United States Government's modern day "debt."   A century later, the strongest economy the world has ever known has been brought to insolvency and the brink of bankruptcy.  

     By the end of World War II, the island had lost its allure to the super rich.  The State of Georgia bought the island in 1947, and has owned it since.  It has worked hard to create the beautiful place that exists today.  Tomorrow we will look at the tremendous effort the State has put forth to make this a paradise open to all people.

     Here are a few unique Christmas decorations -     


     And today's parting shot - the sign posted at the entrance to the pier on Jekyll Island.

     Well, if you must sing there are plenty of remote trails, and there are always the camp-ground showers.

EMAIL me if you like, DONATE if you can, Read Today's Meditation if you have time, but whatever you do be sure to Have an Awesome Tuesday !!


No comments:

Post a Comment