Sunday, January 19, 2014

Seabrook Island photos






     Mornings on the beach are awesome.  When  you do meet that occasional person that is out, they typically have a canine towing them along.  After the big birds head out right at sunrise, the smaller pipers and other shore birds start getting into the day.  The last pic is in the fog that is just clearing at the break-wall on the north end of Folly Beach.  

     The men's conference wrapped up this morning - I heard so much that is great stuff that I will be at least a week trying to sort through and assimilate it.  Afterward, a couple of us went up to visit Les in the nursing home.  For those of you who don't know the history of this whole thing, Les is a good friend who had a horrid head-on collision almost two years ago.  He was a highly regarded dentist, but the accident changed his life.  He suffered severe head trauma which caused him to lose almost all short and long term memory.  He currently is in a place where he is getting little or no rehabilitation, but he is safe and is treated reasonably well.  We visited for over an hour, and I am struck at how rapidly Les is making progress of late - without any rehab.  He clings to every word that is spoken to him - he wants to put it all together and work his way out of it, but making sense of the whole thing seems to just elude him.  There is a lot going on behind the scenes to get him help, and I will be speaking of that in the weeks to come.  But for now, it is good to see him.  I always leave feeling a bit inadequate, a lot powerless and a good bit grateful.

     Tomorrow I have two interviews and then need to get to Daufuskie Island.  My boat ride out might be sick, I will find out in the AM.  I have about a two hour ride down, so am in hopes of shooting a few shots at sunrise on Seabrook, high-tailing it to Hilton Head for the interviews and then making my way out to Daufuskie Island.  I needed the spiritual weekend - I feel as though my batteries are recharged.

All have a great Monday !!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment