Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tuesday - Wednesday 1/1/14 (12.31.13) - And we're off !!!







Debbie & Jay Dejong, Brent & Michelle Bassiletti, Coleman Thompson, John & April Cato, Carl Piontek and Les Neville

     Well, here we are.  Official launch day.  The Moultrie News in Charleston is carrying two articles today -  the two that were posted on the journal last weekend. 

      I thought it appropriate to reflect a moment today on a few of the people who have been so instrumental in supporting me and getting this effort to where it stands today.  There are so many of you I have meaningful relationships with but I want to take the time to personally and publicly thank a few.

     My sister Debbie Dejong of Sumas WA – to whom I owe my very life.  My dear friend Brent Bassiletti to whom I owe so much.  Coleman Thompson who tolerates my daily phone calls, and acts as my mentor and chief skeptic.  John and April Cato, who are so dear to me and give me the example of what I would strive to be in all areas of my life.  And Carl Piontek, who has been supporter and fan and whose wry wisdom has been quoted in many meditations these last five years.  And of course I must remember Les Neville, whom I hope God will not leave behind…

     I have been on the road six weeks now, getting the bugs worked out and things organized.  I have a tent and camping gear (thanks to Mike Yost) which I keep intending to pitch.  But so far someone has given me a place to stay EVERY NIGHT.  I am sure this will not last the whole trip, but it sure has been a nice warm-up.  Raising 18 Million dollars seems an impossible task, but that is what is needed by MILLIONS who suffer from brain related issues.  I have been given the ability to write and the eye to compose photographs and I intend to use these gifts to the best of my ability to honor all of you and everyone I meet.

     If you can spare a few bucks, please donate.  The 501 c-3 needs completed, a meditation book needs published, the foundation web-site needs to be completed and an online photo gallery needs set up in order to have the structure in place.  I developed an incentive plan for contributions below, and as long as the 501-c3 is completed this year your contributions should be tax-deductible.

     I love you all very much, and thanks to all of you who have made the transition to this blog.  Together, we are going to change history as we facilitate the launch of a completely new approach to healing for those who have maladies of the brain.  Get in, sit down and hang on!!  I will do my best to give you all a great journey over these next 1,096 days.

Here is the incentive plan – and if you would rather make a bulk contribution than a recurring I will still honor the plan. 

$ 10 per month for the first year:

 1)        You will receive a canvas print of your favorite photograph from all the shots I take.  The print will be your choice of 8 by 10 inches, 11 by 14 inches, or 12 by 18 inches.  Print is archive quality in acrylic ink, sealed and hand-signed.
 2)        You will receive your favorite meditation of the year, along with the corresponding photograph printed on archive quality rice paper and hand signed by me.

$ 20 per month for the first year:

 1)        You will receive a hand signed copy of the meditation book that is the best of the first five years of the meditations I have written.  The book contains 366 daily meditations and will be printed and distributed 12/2014

 2)          You will receive your favorite photograph from the journey on canvas in your choice of 8 x 10 inches, 11 x 14 inches or 12 x 18 inches.  Print is archive quality in acrylic ink, sealed and hand signed.


$ 50 per month for the first year:

1)        You will receive a framed 24 inch by 36 inch copy of your favorite photograph from the first year of the journey.  Print is archive quality printed on canvas with acrylic ink and sealed, frame is a black gloss.

2)         You will receive a hand-signed and numbered first edition meditation book, compiled from the best of the first five year’s meditations, due to be published in December of 2014.

$ 100 per month for the first year:

 1)     You will receive a 48 inch by 72 inch framed mural of your favorite photograph from the first year of the journey.  Print is archive quality, printed on canvas with acrylic ink, hand signed and sealed with your choice of a gloss black, driftwood or antiqued gold frame.  Personal delivery and hung for those within 20 miles of Charleston SC; for those outside that area the framed mural will be shipped to your door.

 2)     You will receive a hand signed and numbered first edition print of the daily meditation book that is compiled from the best of the last five year’s meditations and due to be published December of 2014.

Thank you all for your continued support !!  Together we can change history !!




No comments:

Post a Comment